Saturday, April 28, 2007

It's HOT here!

Hello everyone, I'm sorry for not posting in a while, things have been pretty crazy on this side of the world. The week after we were at the orphange we spent our time in Githurai, one of the large slums here. We did open air evangelism as well as door to door evangelism. It was a very difficult week for me as I was waaaay out of my comfort zone and had been dealing with a lot of homesickness and some other issues at the time. The only way to explain how I got through it was by God's strength. It really was the hardest week so far. God really did a lot through our team though and we got the opportunity to pray for quite a few people and saw many come to the Lord. Last saturday we took an 8 hour bus ride with very loud 90's music to Mombasa, one of the coastal cities in Kenya. We're staying at the Mombasa base which is quite nice and right beside the Indian Ocean. I'm still not adjusted to the hot temperatures. Our room on a 'cool' night is 27 degrees! I'm pretty proud of myself for not screaming like a little girl at all the huge bugs, geckos, lizards, rate, frogs, bats and disgusting millipedes. Oh yeah, someone saw 2 snakes, but I choose not to think about those! We did some door to door evangelism in Mombasa which went pretty well and also worked with a program called Kings Kids. The rest of our time was spent helping out around the base. They had been wanting the prayer room to be painted for about 2 years now, and so some people did that for them and painted a beautiful mural on one of the walls. Tomorrow (sunday) we bus back to Nairobi and spend the night there and then leave early on monday morning to catch our flight to Rwanda. I'm not to sure what to expect when I get to Rwanda, I'm just trying to take things one day at time. I could really use a lot of prayer right now. Africa is a lot harder than I thought it would be and am having a hard time adjusting to everything. Please pray that I make it through the next 33 days alright and that I don't tell myself lies about not being able to make it. I love you all and miss you. Please, please, please write me emails or leave a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you all!
Lauren

1 comment:

Lanah said...

Lauren I just know that God is working through your life right now!! I'm soo excited to hear about you outreach! I'll pray for conitued strength for you, and I am soo proud of you that you aren't freaking out about all those icky creatures!! I love you soo much and can hardly wait to hear all of your stories!!!
Lanah