Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Rwanda

Hello! We arrived safely in Rwanda yesterday, and it's so beautiful here! There's about 99% less garbage on the streets here and doesn't smell nearly as bad as Kenya! I think I'm going to like it here. I do think however that's it's going to be very emotionally draining. Yesterday as I was going through the city I saw soooo many people with either no hands, or missing legs, or with some body feature that was mangled. It really brings home the fact that there was such a major genocide here such a short time ago. It's hard when little kids run out to you, hands outstretched, asking for money, or a mother with 2 or 3 babies strapped to them ask you for money. We were told to not give money to anyone though because the children usually use it to buy glue, and we'd just be feeding their addiction. It's so hard to say no though! This afternoon we'll be taking a tour of some of the places we'll be ministering at, and I'll tell you more about it when I learn more. I'll talk to you all later! I love you!
Lauren

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi! Glad they're taking care of you. Get better!

Mom

Megan said...

Lauren my love! I love you so much. I can not wait until we meet again and can share our stories. I am keeping you in my prayers! Yesterday was one of the days I really missed you the most! I love ya!