Saturday, March 3, 2007

Update

Hello hello! I just wanted to give you all a little update of my time in California. This past weeks classes have truly been amazing. We learned about what it really lookes like to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. My favorite part of this week was when we got to take an hour and go by ourselves and ask God what cross He was asking us to pick up and carry. The next day we met and prayed for one another regarding that issue. It was so great to be able to corprately pray for each other. Tomorrow (Sunday) we will be traveling to San Francisco to join up with the YWAM base there. We will be taking classes with the DTS group that is there for a week and will be joining them for some ministry opportunities. The ministry I will be working with is the prostitute ministry. I would really appreciate prayer for myself during that time as it will most likely be very challenging. From San Francisco we will be going to the YWAM base in Modesto and spending the weekend there. I think we will be doing mostly homeless ministry type things there. I'm really looking forward it! I found out on friday that we are for sure going to be leaving for Africa on April 3rd and returing to California on May31st. Our flights will be from San Louis Obispo to Los Angeles to Washington D.C. to Zurich, Switerland, and finally to Nairobi, Kenya. It will be a very packed day of traveling! I'm getting so excited about going now, it's starting to actually sink in that I'M GOING TO AFRICA!!!! Everyday I start to feel God's presence more and more, this really is an amazing time. I've started to seek God's plan for me after DTS, it's confusing but very exciting. It's such an amazing feeling to give your plans over to God. I know that my future is completly secure as long as I'm trusting in Him. Continue to keep me in your prayers, I love you all!

3 comments:

Lanah said...

I'm soo proud of you Lauren. You have soo much Courage and I know that you are going to do awesome with the Downtown ministry and the Africa trip. Isn't it amazing how God gives us strength when we need it the most!!

Megan said...

Goodness Gracious it sounds like you are having as good of a time as I am. I am so proud of you! I love you.

Terry said...

It seems like it is moving so fast Lauren, less than a month from now you tootsies will be on African soil. That is so exciting and challenging all at the same time. Your in our prayers always, keep lookin' up! love you, xoxo b & t