Sunday, March 18, 2007

16 More Days!!

Hi all, I just wanted to give you all a little update. God really is the greatest thing ever! A member of our team (Matt R.) only had 800 dollars of his tution fee on monday and the staff said that if he didn't come up with the remaning 2200 by friday he would have to go home, but God is such a great provider and he managed to get the money by friday! Yay! I'm so glad he didn't have to leave, it just wouldn't be right if someone from our team wasn't able to stay. So Matt's staying but he still doesn't have his outreach money ($ 3,400) I would really really appreciate it if you could pray for this situation. We can't let Matt go home!! We are counting down till Africa, only 16 sleeps guys! I'll admit it, I'm kinda freaking out here. I dont' really feel prepared but I know that it's not in my hands, it's in God's. Our team dynamics are really great though and I couldn't have asked for a better 'family' to be with during this time. For the past two weeks our speakers have been talking about following your dreams and stuff like that. There messages really challenged me and I realized that it's only me who's standing in the way of accomplishing them. After these past two weeks I feel very empowered in my faith!
i love you and miss you all like crazy!
Lauren :)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

So glad to hear you are bonding as a group. It is amazing what God can do with a group committed to Him.