Saturday, February 17, 2007

Hellloooo






Matt R. and I

Katrina and I


Zach, Chris, and Kara



Me and my 2 roomates, Beth and Rhiannon

Hi guys! Just a little update on our outreach prep. We will be flying into the capital city of Kenya on either April 2,3, or 4th. We will spend one month there and then will either fly or take a bus to Rwanda. We'll spend another month in Rwanda and then fly back to Kenya to fly back to California. We should be back here around the 1st of June. While we're in Rwanda we're going to be working with a group called 'Widow's of Hope'. It's a group of women left without their husbands after the genocide who have adopted several orphaned children each. I'm really looking forward to helping them out and blessing them in any way possible. I'm sure that they will be the strongest women I'll ever meet!
On Tuesday we spent the day at one of the beautiful state parks here for 'Silence and Solitude'. We were alone for 5 hours to just give ourselves time to just be with God. It was a really great experience. Some of the students went hiking and stuff but I just stayed in the same spot on the beach because I was scared of rattlesnakes lol. Some of the pictures attached were from the park and some of them are from our Valentines Day love feast last night. Hope you enjoy! Take care, love you!!

P.S. Lindsay Lohan is filming a new movie at Cal Poly the giant university here only 20 minutes away!!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Great photos, Lauren. You are definitely in a beautiful location. Glad to hear you are enjoying God out in His creation.

Heidi said...

Great pic's Lauren! You look beautiful! How exciting about going to Rwanda and Kenya! You will do great!!
Heidi

Megan said...

Hey Hey my Girl. Just wanted to say I love you and I am so proud of what you are doing. That is so awesome you got to spend 5 scheduled hours with God. YWAM is great for that. Well I love you and talk to you soon.

Lanah said...

I love the photos of the ocean Lauren! looks soo pretty
love ya lanah
ps. thanks for the comment on my page!