Saturday, April 7, 2007

African Adventures

Hi! I wanted to let everyone know that I made it to Africa in one piece. Aside from some missed flights, sprints through airports, and missing luggage I'm doing alright. I never knew that I could go for 4 and a half days with no shower, no deodorant and toothbrush, no pillow and blanket, and no clothes and still be alright. I think with having our entire team have no luggage taught us that it's ok to smell bad, life goes on! Thankfully though everyone but cindy our leader got their luggage back this afternoon.
Yesterday we went to one of the orphanages in the area, and the children were so adorable! One little boy ran straight to me when I got off of the bus and wrapped his little arms so tightly around my legs. It really was the best feeling in the world. I could really use some prayer right now though, I caught a cold on the flight and mixed with being jet lagged I am feeling quite run down. I really need some energy and comfort, I'm quite homesick at the moment.
We have been so blessed by the base we're staying at, the people hosting us are so incrdible and generous. The assinged a male and female to be with our team at all times, even sleeping in the same rooms as us so that they can take care of us in whatver way possible. They are so amazing! I really can't wait to see all of you again! I miss you!
Lauren

3 comments:

Lanah said...

Wow sounds like you had an adventure already! I know that God is going to use you in Africa Lauren!! I am praying for you always!
love you tons! Lanah

Megan said...

I love you so much! I am so excited for you. I hope God is blowing your mind as much as He has blown mine in the last couple of days. I love you and can't wait until we get to share stories. Megan

Dad said...

Hi Lauren,
Your adventures with no soap, deoderant, and in the same clothes reminds me of my choir tour days when I went to PEI, and was stuck in a van with 10 people and 20 smelly feet for four days. I was never so glad to get there. Best days of my life though!
I can't believe how fast the time is flying. I love reading about your adventures and wish that I could be there sharing your great experiences. It's exciting to see God using you. We love you and miss you, but take comfort knowing that God is in control. We can't wait to have you back. (please hurry back, the cat is driving me nuts)
Love you,
love Dad xoxoxo